Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kali Arulpragasam



So I am on the late train but I didn't know M.I.A. (you know Ms. "Paper Planes", Ms. "Swagga Like Us", Ms "Oh No she Didn't, Oh Yes She Did Preform at the Grammy's 9 Month Pregnant" government named Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam had sister that is a jewelry designer. M.I.A. 's sister Kali Arulpragasam owner and creator of superfertile.com has some very beautiful politically inspired jewelry. If you know me, you know that I am for the poor under represented, ignored people, regardless of skin color. This is a piece from her 2008 collection. Though there are many countries that are part of this collection, I picked Haiti because it has a special place in my heart. (Sudan is pictured on the right side).

Photo credits superfertile.com / nytimes.com

1 comment:

Chloe Bee said...

LOVE IT! I personally love to support the independent entrepreneur of color! Especially with a good purpose.