Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm back

I am so elated that my laptop was able to be repaired! Let's start from the beginning. I bought an HP laptop about 18 months ago from Office Depot. Every was fine and it came with a one year warranty. Now lets fast foward to about four months ago. My laptop starting blinking and acting crazy so I'm researching what could be wrong. I though it might have been the video card, so I uninstalled and reinstalled that. It was okay for a few days and then it starting acting wierd again. I mean you could only view the screen at certain angles, you had to hold to the back of the monitor and type without moviong the crazy screen. Then I got to the point where for days you could only see part of the screen the no screen at all. Then the laptop would go bright again as if nothing was wrong. Then sometimes you had to tap the back. I tried to called HP and after being on hold for 45 minutes was that because my warranty had expired I would have to pay $338.00 + tax and ship the computer back to them. Well that is absurd I could get an brand new computer for $649.00. So I went to this computer guy my mother goes to who has a little closet sized shop about 5 miles from here. He said there was a problem with the inverter. He fixed the computer for $110.00 and had it back to me in three days.

1 comment:

Chloe Bee said...

OMG!! Let me start by saying I had the same problem! HP is good for the hardware problems. Their great looking and occasionally acting but they aren't meant to last I guess. I'm assuming you had the swivel screen one, right? I have that one and have just sent it to get repairs too. I know a couple people with the same problems the screen isn't right, some say the computers are just plan ole' faulty IDK but I just never want to have an HP again! MAC HERE I COME!!!