Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pretty Hair

Now I have had this conversation time and time again with my family. I LOVE my hair in its natural state. I don't want to have to face the interrogator about my hair everytime we have a get together. My aunt who is from Mississippi always wants to know why would you do that to your hair ? Meaning locing. Or I love her comment before was oh don't ever cut your hair again. I cut my hair about 8 years ago because I hated the way relaxer made my hair feel. My hair was thinning and looked unhealthy. I hated being worried if I was going to have enough money to get some relaxer applied to my hair. I felt like a slave to the industry. The rude Asians at the beauty supply, and the flaky hair stylists. Nobody really cared about my hair they were just all trying to make a buck off me. "Pretty hair" to me is clean maintained hair. I don't look at women different because they choose to relax their hair. But its more the reason why we do things to ourselves, that gets me wondering. As I have grown older I do things to make me happy not to please or try to compare myself to women in magazines. My life is about dreaming, beinging a stay-at-home mom, planting seeds, and raising righteous young.