Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Craving Ethiopian Food


Now I am a girl who loves some good food. I like to cook and luckily my family loves my cooking. But lately I have been craving the spice. I've tried it all Jamaican, Ghanian, Ethiopian, Indian, Salvadorean, Pakistani, Afghani, Korean, Japanese... you get the picture. Now the Jamaican place up the street has gone down hill fast. I mean full speed with a set of rollerblades on and no brakes. But my favorites have to be Ethiopian and West African food. Lately I have been craving Ethiopian injera. Injera is a stable in Ethiopian food. It is a flat sour bread with a sponge like consistency that is used to scoop food up. So I headed to my little Ethiopian place in downtown got my food to go and went home. I ordered Kitfo, which is a beef dish usually serve raw or rare(had mine cooked) with spices and clarified butter on top of injera. I was satisfied except they forgot my peppers on top.

No comments: