Friday, September 18, 2009

Outrage over Kanye

I do not really care that much about the lives of celebrities. My days are consumed with the business of babies, politics, and running a business. I read CNN and several other news, information sources on a daily basis. That being said I was not surprised when Kanye West jumped on the stage at the mTV awards . In my opinion MTV Awards are a tacky venue anyway. I mean he has always seemed a bit arrogant, but no more than many politicians, so I was not surprised by his outburst. My personal opinion is he is not dealing well with the loss of his mother and is acting out as any child would. But he is not the first. Maybe people just really hate Kanye West, were outraged by his behavior or were upset because he disrespected a white woman. I am leaning to the latter. I feel that if he had jumped on stage while Mary J. Blige was on stage we might not have had so much press coverage. But it seems that we give more coverage to Kanye acting irrationally than to a female Yale student who was murdered and stuffed in a wall , a woman who was beaten in front of her child and called a nigger and bitch in a Georgia after she confronted him about almost hitting her child with the door, a man who raped a disabled man and locked him in a public restroom, or the state of our economy. Where is the outrage about an 11 year old boy stabbed on a bus in San Francisco while other passengers looked on ?

No comments: